Tuesday, February 8, 2022

The Epic 180

My blog is back!  Hello again!  After a year and a week's break, it's time for me to get back on the horse as I realize those fields aren't going to primarily research themselves .  And there can be no better way to get back in the saddle than with the Epic 180 trip I've just enjoyed with two of my oldest friends (both of whom I've known for a long time - ba dum, ching!), Alan and Greg.  The plan was for us all to convene with the excuse that we'd all just reached an important milestone in our chronological age and there was a new Beatles documentary we all wanted to watch together.  So Alan and I drove from Denver to Edmonds, WA (just north of Seattle) over the course of two long but fun days to the house of our friend Greg and his wife, Sharzad.  We took the longer northern way, of course, through Bozeman, MT, because we had some artwork to deliver to relatives of Alan's there, and because, hey, we're just that good!  It was a stunning drive through the Rockies and Cascades, much of which I'd never done before, but even more wonders awaited us on our arrival in the Pacific Northwest.  Alan had to fly back to Denver at the end of the week but Greg was able to take some time off and show me around the Olympic Peninsula before I departed solo on my way down the coast to visit Owen in San Francisco (which leg of the journey I'm currently on at the moment).

Pictures and commentary are in my Google Photo Album here.

I did some practice with my new drone and posted some videos to my YouTube channel.  Here is an example, if you're interested.

And on my last night in town Greg and I had some fun pretending to be a garage band in his garage, so I know we were at least 50% successful. Here is a sample of that for those who dare, also from my YouTube channel.